What Do I Pack?
- Attire is comfortable and island casual. Director Brad says, “No ties – just Mai-tais”.
- Aloha shirts are OK for everyone throughout the Institute. Resort casual is collared shirts, and slacks for men; slacks, short casual pants, skirts, and sundresses for women. Nice shorts will be acceptable.
- Thursday night is an island luau out under the sky to welcome our next class of District Governors. Saturday night is also an outside venue under the stars. For both events, please show your casual Hawaiian flare, but no shorts or ties please.
- Remember your sunscreen.
- The resort is expansive and may require walking between buildings and events. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes. Travel time round trip between rooms and venues can range from 20-45 minutes.
- Weather Forecast – During this time of year, the weather should be in the mid 80s during the day, with balmy breezes, and lower 70s/upper 60s in the evening. Only a slight chance of rain.
- Check with your class reunion chair to see if there are any special instructions for your class get together.
- Don’t forget your swimwear.
What about flowers I may wish to give as gifts?
- We are in the land of flowers. The Hilton has a florist on the property to provide you with any bouquets, corsages, or boutonnieres you may wish to have prepared in advance. Just call the main number above and ask for extension 2613.
- A local Kona Rotarian Rebecca Hamar is also a flower source. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel in advance?
The hotel does not have any dedicated shuttle service. See “Arriving” for shuttle, car, and taxi options.
From Kona International Airport
Rotarian SAAs plan to be at the airport to meet most of the arrivals and get us moving in the right direction.
- SpeediShuttle pickup is a shared service. Minimum between $55-60 each. Credit cards are accepted. http://www.speedishuttle.com or 877-242-5777.
- Reservations are recommended 24-hours in advance, but not required.
- Pick up is at the shuttle islands outside the air terminals.
Rental car options
Avis has a group discounted rate for Institute attendees. (Kona airport only) You must enter WAD code#H433726 and rate code #CT
Luana Concierge (AKA Laura’s Taxi) has a 6 person minivan for a flat fee of $66. Owned by a Rotarian. Contact 808-895-4727 or 808-326-5466 or www.luanalimo.com. Between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. 808-895-4727 only. One person makes the reservation and is responsible for gathering the other people.
- Gold or Diamond Honors member? Use ECheckin located on your pre-arrival email and pick up your room keys at the ECheckin area at the HHonors Lobby Reception Desk.
- Hilton has a free app for ECheckin. http://www3.hilton.com/en/about/hilton/mobile.html
More questions? Check out the great Transportation FAQs currently posted on the zone website listed above or use this link to go directly to the Transportation and Rentals FAQs.
Find more helpful FAQs in our FAQs – PART 2. Be sure to watch for its arrival in the next few weeks.