Brenda Cressey | The Rotary Foundation Trustee 2017-2021 | Email
Brenda joined Rotary in 1989 and is currently member of the Rotary Club of South Portland Cape Elizabeth in Rotary District 7780. She served as District 5240 Governor in 2001-02 and is the retired CEO of Office Support Systems, a telecommunications business in Maine.
Brenda served in several key roles for Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation and currently is serving a four-year term as a Trustee from 2017-21. She was also named the first woman Rotary Foundation Chair in 2018-19. Most of Brenda’s assignments have focused on Fund Development for The Rotary Foundation, specifically in the areas of Peace and Polio Eradication. However, she shares the importance of supporting the Annual Fund, Endowments and
Most recently she is inspired by the amazing projects being carried out around the globe addressing needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Brenda has seen and experienced, first-hand, how our gifts to the Rotary Foundation greatly impact the lives of others and how these gifts will someday bring peace and understanding around the world.
She and her husband Dick are members of the:
- Prestigious Arch Klumph Society and Legacy (Bequest) Society
- Major Donors
- And have established the Brenda and Richard Cressey Endowment for
- Peace, supporting Peace Certificate Fellowships.
Brenda is the recipient of the
- Rotary International “Service Above Self Award”
- The Rotary Foundation’s “Citation for Meritorious Service,”
- And, the Rotary Foundations highest recognition, The Distinguished Service
Brenda currently resides in Wells, Maine with her husband Richard, who is retired from a long career as a Vice President in manufacturing.